Some House of Bread Bakery Cafes offer hands-on bread baking classes. Students will be mixing their ingredients and kneading their own dough by hand. As a group, they learn how bread is made, the chemistry behind successful loaves, how dough is kneaded, how it should feel, how to bake it and what creative, fun things can be made. Students leave with their own loaves or other products, recipe packets, enough flour to make their own bread at home, and the knowledge to make bread from scratch.
There are no prerequisites to the classes, so beginners and advanced students are welcome. Classes start at 10:30am and last approximately 3 hours. All classes cost $63 per person. Adult Child class is $20 per child, with at least one paying adult of $63. Minimum age is 5 years old. Classes include mixing, kneading, baking instructions, take home recipes, breads and other treats made by your own two hands! Class size is limited to seven people, so sign up soon.
2019 Winter Baking Classes
Details: Classes start at 10:30am and last approximately 2 ½-3 hours. All classes cost $63 per person. Classes include mixing, kneading, baking instructions; take home recipes, breads and other treats made by your own two hands! Class size is limited to seven people, so sign up soon. If you have questions, call us at 805-542-0255 or email email@example.com.
On line Baking Classes Now Available!
- January 7th: Baking Basics - Grandma’s White, Cheese Breads, Cinnamon Rolls, Basic loaf Shapes
- January 21st: Whole Grain Breads – Wheat Breads
- February 4th : Sourdough Breads and Starters
- February 11th: Gluten free, loaves, quick breads and cookies.
- February 26th: Flat Breads, to include Foccacia, Pita and Pizza dough.
- March 12th: Artisan Breads – Ciabatta & French Breads
Private Classes available for $300 plus $15 materials fee per person up to seven people. You pick the subjects.