Some House of Bread Bakery Cafes offer hands-on bread baking classes. Students will be mixing their ingredients and kneading their own dough by hand. As a group, they learn how bread is made, the chemistry behind successful loaves, how dough is kneaded, how it should feel, how to bake it and what creative, fun things can be made. Students leave with their own loaves or other products, recipe packets, enough flour to make their own bread at home, and the knowledge to make bread from scratch.
There are no prerequisites to the classes, so beginners and advanced students are welcome. Classes start at 10:30am and last approximately 3 hours. All classes cost $68 per person. Adult Child class is $20 per child, with at least one paying adult of $68. Minimum age is 5 years old. Classes include mixing, kneading, baking instructions, take home recipes, breads and other treats made by your own two hands! Class size is limited to seven people, so sign up soon.
2020 Spring Baking Classes
Details: Classes start at 10:30am, except Gluten free and Vegan classes which start at 9:30. Classes last approximately 2 ½-3 hours. All classes cost $68 per person. Parent-child classes are $20 extra per child. Classes include mixing, kneading, baking instructions; take home recipes, breads and other treats made by your own two hands! Class size is limited to seven people, so sign up soon. If you have questions, call us at 805-542-0255 or email email@example.com.
except Gluten Free and Vegan classes start at 9:30
The minimum age is 13 for the adult classes
and 5 for the parent-child classes.
On line Baking Classes Now Available!
To assure your place in the class.
- March 3rd: Baking Basics - Grandma’s White, Cheese Breads, Cinnamon Rolls, Basic loaf Shapes
- March 18th: Sourdough Breads and Starters
- March 24th: Flat Breads, to include Foccacia, Pita and Pizza dough.
- March 28th: Whole Grain Breads – Wheat Breads, dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls.
- April 3rd: Artisan Breads – Ciabatta & French Breads, hard crusted breads.
- April 6th: Sourdough Breads and Starters
- April 23rd: Gluten Free baking, traditional loaves, garden herb, cinnamon swirl.
- May 9th: Vegan baking, using Flax seeds instead of eggs.
Private Classes available for $300 plus $15 materials fee per person up to seven people. You pick the subjects.
While someone showing you the “good” dough stage is best, next best is video. We offer on line classes for $9.95 here.