Some House of Bread Bakery Cafes offer hands-on bread baking classes. Students will be mixing their ingredients and kneading their own dough by hand. As a group, they learn how bread is made, the chemistry behind successful loaves, how dough is kneaded, how it should feel, how to bake it and what creative, fun things can be made. Students leave with their own loaves or other products, recipe packets, enough flour to make their own bread at home, and the knowledge to make bread from scratch.
There are no prerequisites to the classes, so beginners and advanced students are welcome. Classes start at 10:30am and last approximately 3 hours. All classes cost $63 per person. Adult Child class is $20 per child, with at least one paying adult of $63. Minimum age is 5 years old. Classes include mixing, kneading, baking instructions, take home recipes, breads and other treats made by your own two hands! Class size is limited to seven people, so sign up soon.
2019-2020 Winter Baking Classes
Details: Classes start at 10:30am and last approximately 2 ½-3 hours. All classes cost $63 per person. Classes include mixing, kneading, baking instructions; take home recipes, breads and other treats made by your own two hands! Class size is limited to seven people, so sign up soon. If you have questions, call us at 805-542-0255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On line Baking Classes Now Available!
- December 10th: Holiday Baking Basics - Cinna wreaths, Bread shaped Santas, Christmas Trees, Cinnamon Rolls and more. Perfect for gift giving ideas.
- January 14th: Bread Baking Basics - Explore different types of yeasts and flours and the effects they have on bread. Varied shaping and baking techniques will be explored to create fabulous homemade bread and cinnamon rolls.
- January 18th: Whole Grain Bread - Explore baking with whole grains and produce a great tasting, light loaf with a soft texture.
- February 9th: Sourdough Bread - Learn how to mix, shape and bake sourdough bread. All students take home sourdough starter too.
- February 13th: Artisan Hard Crusted Bread - Baking Ciabatta and hard crusted French Bread.
- February 18th: Flat Breads - Mixing, kneading Focaccia, pizza dough and Pita Bread.
If you want to book a private class for $300 plus $15 materials fee per person, please call (805) 801-4853.
While someone showing you the “good” dough stage is best, next best is video. We offer on line classes for $9.95 here.