Some House of Bread Bakery Cafes offer hands-on bread baking classes. Students will be mixing their ingredients and kneading their own dough by hand. As a group, they learn how bread is made, the chemistry behind successful loaves, how dough is kneaded, how it should feel, how to bake it and what creative, fun things can be made. Students leave with their own loaves or other products, recipe packets, enough flour to make their own bread at home, and the knowledge to make bread from scratch.
There are no prerequisites to the classes, so beginners and advanced students are welcome. Students must be at least 15 for the adult classes and 8 for the child classes. Classes are approximately 2-3 hours long starting at 10:30AM. The cost for each class is $63, unless otherwise noted. If you are unable to make the class, then we will forward your fee to another class in the future. The class size is limited to seven people, so sign up soon.
Registration for baking classes are managed through the bakery. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.542.0255.
If these dates don’t work, then ask about our private classes! You choose the class subject and invite up to eight of your closest friends to join you. The cost is $250 plus a $15 per person material fee. Call the bakery for more information. 805.542.0255.
Class Schedule for Spring/Summer 2015:
- May 9th : Baking Basics (White Breads)
- May 19th: Whole Grains (Wheat Breads)
- June 2nd: Sourdough (Everything Sourdough)
- June 6th: Parent/Kids Class (8 yrs + parent; cost $83 for one parent & one child, $20 per additional child)
- June 20th: Artisan (Ciabatta & French)
- August 1st: Flat Breads (Focaccia & Pita)
- August 29th: Muffins, Scones & Quick Breads
- September 1st: Gluten Free Breads & Flourless Cookies
If a class is full, add yourself to the wait list! We will add another class if there is enough interest.